Type II Carb Hi Speed Nozzel Gasket?

ericswag

Cadet
Thread starter
Joined
Nov 1, 2010
Messages
15
I have a 1965 33 HP Johnsom RX 13-B. Having fuel problems. Have cleaned and broken down the carb. and am installing new hi speed nozzle. OEM Parts manual shows hi speed nozzle without a gasket. SELOC Manual says to replace a hi spped nozzle gasket when re-installing the nozzle (and shows carb diagrams with and without gaskets)? The question is: Should my hi speed nozzle have a gasket? If there was one it dissolved. Anyone know for sure?
 

lindy46

Captain
Joined
Nov 27, 2008
Messages
3,886
Re: Type II Carb Hi Speed Nozzel Gasket?

Yup, it should have a gasket.
 

ericswag

Cadet
Thread starter
Joined
Nov 1, 2010
Messages
15
Re: Type II Carb Hi Speed Nozzel Gasket?

Thanks for your reply! I installed the nozzel with the relatively large cork gasket that was left in my rebuild kit. Seemd to work OK during last nights sea trial. Motor was running great until we slowed down to put the cover on, then everything got wet (Boston Whaler with the notched transom) and we limped home with only one cylinder firing. I suspect wet plug wires, which I have yet to replace...
 
Top