Twin Engine Props

S.S. MINNOW'S Captain

Cadet
Thread starter
Joined
Mar 10, 2008
Messages
21
New to the forum...but I am looking for some expert advice. I recently bought a 25' Starcraft FIBERGLASS flybridge cruiser (1978) Which is powered by twin 140HP mercruiser's with the old style MC-1 Stern drives. I am rebuilding the drives (although I think they are fine) but there were not any props with them. Everything I have read indicates that they are standard "clockwise" rotation. So I am assuming that I just have to live with the slight over torque? Is there anything I can do with props to help alleviate?
I don't have a need for speed....In fact a slower available trolling speed would be better, but If I have to make a run for it I would like to not have to fight the helm.

thanks,
 

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Joined
Aug 31, 2004
Messages
62,321
Re: Twin Engine Props

Welcome to iboats SS.
There is a big difference in outdrive lower unit construction for a counter rotation drive. If both of your drives have the same parts, then you don't have counterrotating drives.
Not even sure the 1 drives even had CR drives.
Something to keep in mind while searching for your best prop.

Moving to Prop Topics and Questions forum.
 

S.S. MINNOW'S Captain

Cadet
Thread starter
Joined
Mar 10, 2008
Messages
21
Re: Twin Engine Props

Thanks....I had pretty much surmised that they were not available back then. I guess I will just prop them down and hope for the best.:)
 
Top