Tumor - updated update

Dunaruna

Admiral
As you may know, my wife is due to have a brain tumor removed today. The team of surgeons is the same team that did the same op 2 years ago.<br /><br />The head surgeon (no pun intended) is ill and has subsequently posponed the op for 7 days. An MRI this morning has shown that the tumor has not grown to a dangerous size and a 7 day wait is not critical although the extra waiting is affecting my wifes mental state. She was given the choice of a different team (whom I'm sure are more than capable) but my wife chose to stick with the doctors that she is familiar with - I agreed with her.<br /><br />So we have another week to wait and chew nails.<br /><br />Aldo

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner
Re: Tumor - updated update

Sorry to hear Aldo. These things are difficult enough with out having to stretch them out. I think it was a good choice under the circumstances though.

Bassy

Lieutenant Commander

Waiting is tough. I hope your wife and you are able to keep each other calm and cool. The end of your week will be here soon. You're in my thoughts.<br />Bassy

jsfinn

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Hey Dunaruna - My sister had a brain tumor removed a little over a year ago - she's very fortunate and had very minor side effects, none of which were long term and her tumor is 100% gone.<br /><br />Hang in there with your wife - Doctors can do really great things.<br /><br />Best wishes - I know this is a very tough time.

SoulWinner

Commander

Aldo, our prayers are with her and the rest of your family.

62_Kiwi

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Wishing you and your wife the best of luck Aldo.

LadyFish

Admiral

Same here Aldo. I'm sure this is extremely frieghtening for you both. Our thoughts and prayers are with you.

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member

In our prayers. Best of luck.<br /><br />Bob

Twidget

Commander

Best of luck, my prayers are with you. <br /><br />The wait I'm sure is stressful, I cant even imagine what you wife is going through.<br /><br />Doug

90skichallenger

Petty Officer 1st Class

May God watch over you and yours. Just keep on keepin on.<br />Sincerely,

crab bait

Captain

wow, that's terriable..all psych'd up to go an then put on hold..<br /><br />well, at least the doc will be well rested.

Vlad D Impeller

Commander

Sorry to hear about your wife's tumor Aldo, i hope that all goes well with the surgery, hang in there mate.

dolluper

Captain

Hope all goes well and the nerves don't suffer to much waiting is such a kicker We all here are sending good vibs your way!!!!

bvassel3

Petty Officer 1st Class

Dunaruma, our prayers certainly are with your wife and the rest of your family.<br /><br />BV

Dunaruna

Admiral

Today started at 5am, got the kids sorted out for their day and then wife and I left for the hospital. My wife (Kerryn) went into pre-op at 1pm, operation lasted 6 hrs plus 2 hrs in post-op. I left her resting like a baby in the ICU. Its now midnight and I've just arrived home. I have not spoken to the surgeon yet but the resident doc said that the operation was a complete success.<br /><br />Round one: <br />Tumors - 0<br />Kerryn - 1<br /><br />A sincere thank you for your thoughts and prayers.<br /><br />Goodnight.<br /><br />Aldo

sue5878

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Dunaruna<br /><br />So sorry to hear about Kerryn, I hope everything is fine. I'll say a prayer for you's tonight.<br /><br />GR

gsbodine

Petty Officer 1st Class

Hope it continues to go well, Duna. That's great news to hear.

D

DJ

My prayers are with her, you and the family.<br /><br />Godspeed for a speedy recovery.

dolluper

Captain

Great news on no more tumors hope her recovery goes well All the best to you and your family in the future :cool: :cool: