Tuesday Humor. Best of the Worst Country Songs

LadyFish

Admiral
Re: Tuesday Humor. Best of the Worst Country Songs

Originally posted by aspeck:<br /> I need a little help - there is supposed a song that goes "there ain't enough whiskey in Texas to make you look pretty" or something like that.<br /><br />Anyone know the name of that song - I need a copy of it! Thanks!
I'm sure there's a good story behind your request Aspeck. :D <br /><br />Glad to see you posting again.

wilkin250r

Chief Petty Officer

I always wanted to write a country song titled "Now That We're Miserable, I Hope You're Happy"

Bob in Calif.

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Two songs I forgot to add.....<br /><br />"The Redneck National Anthem" and "I'm A Redneck"<br /><br />Both of them are songs of "Beauty."<br /><br />...Bob in Calif...

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

aspeck -<br /><br />I think this is what you are looking for.<br /><br />There Ain't Enough Whiskey in Texas to Drink The Ugly Out of You.<br /><br />Sorry, I can't find any more info on it.<br /><br /><br />But here's a few to add to the list.<br />1. Her teeth were stained but her heart was pure.<br /><br />2. How can I miss you if you won't go away.<br /><br />3. I don't know whether to kill myself or go bowling.<br /><br />4. I flushed you from the toilet of my heart.<br /><br />5. I wouldn't take her to a dog fight cause I'm afraid she'd win.<br /><br />6. If love were oil, I'd be a quart low.<br /><br />7 If you don't leave me alone I'll find someone who will.<br /><br />8. You're the reason our kids are so ugly.<br /><br />9. There ain't enough whiskey in Texas to drink the ugly out of you.<br /><br />10. You done tore out my heart and stomped the sucker flat.<br /><br />Here's a list, too long to post here:<br /> http://mssamantics.us/entertainment/western.htm

aspeck

Staff member

Roscoe, that is the song!<br /><br />And yes, Ladyfish, there is a story behind it. But I ain't telling - let's just say it was a bit humorous seeing a Ghanaian try to sing country western - especially when he didn't now the words! I want to get him a copy of the song so he can learn it. Then maybe I can video it and look out Funniest Home Videos! (We can use the money for the project here! HA!)

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

Don't remember the title or artist (sic) but it went like;<br /><br />"I met her in Marina Del Rey...."<br /><br />Now that was the best of the worst. They played the h8ll out of it too.

KeltonKrew

Lieutenant

Boomyal....that's George Straight....<br /><br />We said goodbye in Marina Del Ray....Had a good time was the last thing I heard her say....as she walked away....in Marina Del Ray!

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

Yeah, that's the one KeltonK. Hey, hows come you know da words. Was it just one of those annoying songs you can't get out of yer head? ;)