Trying to diagnose fuel supply issue after running out of gas

bbook83

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I removed the hose from the filter to tank, so straight line to tank. Blew into it, heard bubbling in tank. Light siphon and gas filled my mouth in about a second. So clear from tank to filter.
This does not address the possibility of something still in the tank plugging the pickup tube. Running on the water from a remote tank is not hard to do in order to rule this out.

MaxGlide

Petty Officer 2nd Class
This does not address the possibility of something still in the tank plugging the pickup tube. Running on the water from a remote tank is not hard to do in order to rule this out.
But t wouldn’t the fact i can blow into tank and hear bubbles AND when i suck on line coming directly from tank, the gas comes easily and quickly? I got a mouthful of gas, thinking it was probably plugged

bbook83

Petty Officer 2nd Class
If you can suck as hard as a fuel pump at 3,000 rpm’s, you are a better man than me.

nola mike

Vice Admiral
If you can suck as hard as a fuel pump at 3,000 rpm’s, you are a better man than me.
The point is he isn't needing to.
Have you done these steps?:
1. Crack fuel line at carb. Fuel when cranked? Proceed to carb rebuild
2. Connect directly to Jerry can. Fuel when cranked? Yes --> upstream problem (restriction, air leak in system). No? Bad fuel pump.
Sounds like you've ruled out a restriction. I wouldn't place too much diagnostic importance on that collapsed filter, could have happened on install.