Troubles with a 1979 Bass Runner

tinyboater

Recruit
Thread starter
Joined
Jun 8, 2006
Messages
2
Model: T850H9A<br />Ser.#: 1170<br /><br />First of all... Hi everyone Im new to this forum and I've already read the sticky =D<br /><br />Ok here goes my questions...<br />First I need to find out the year of my motor and<br />secondly in order for me to start my motor I have to spray this ether stuff, what is the cause of that? If anyone can help me out with this, it would be greatly appreciated thanks!<br /><br />-Dave
 

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Joined
Mar 25, 2001
Messages
45,907
Re: Troubles with a 1979 Bass Runner

Hi, Dave.<br /><br />Welcome to iboats. :) <br /><br />First: Never use ether in a 2 stroke engine. It has no lubricant in it and can destroy the engine.<br /><br />Go to the Engine FAQs section. "Outboard wont start" should get you started or at least a lot closer.<br /><br />Let us know what you find, and good luck. :)
 

eurolarva

Rear Admiral
Joined
Jun 24, 2003
Messages
4,182
Re: Troubles with a 1979 Bass Runner

850H0A is the closet I can find for that number you posted. Does not appear that chrysler ever made a 85 HP with a H9A suffix. 850H0A is from 1980. Are you choking the motor? This is done by pushing the key in. It is damn near impossible to start a motor without using the choke.
 
Top