Trouble with Bear trailer

BrentT

Recruit
Just wondering if anyone else has had problems loading onto their bear trailers. I have a 2010 V170 outfitter with a bear bunk trailer. The crossmembers are fairly horizontal with little rise in the bunks. The front crossmember has 2 rollers in the centre to guide the keel. Problem is, the bunks don't seem to centre the boat properly and the keel catches on the metal brackets on the outside of the rollers. I've experimented with different depths and the only way to avoid it seems to be to submarine the trailer, which doesn't provide enough guidance coming in.

DaveJ50

Seaman
Re: Trouble with Bear trailer

Hey Brent thanks for responding to my V172C post. I did buy that boat so I now also have a Bear trailer.

My trailer doesn?t have any rollers and I was thinking about adding them because I don?t always load centered. The only problem I saw with adding them is that my 2 center bunks are only 8 inches apart so I couldn?t add much of a roller. It doesn?t sound like they are helping on yours anyway.

I have found that with the trailer shallow the bunks will pretty much center the boat but I have to crank it about 4-5 feet. My bunks have plastic caps so it doesn?t crank hard.

Not sure any of that will be of any help but I would be interested to hear what changes you make if any.

Thanks

DaveJ