It wont go over about 40mph
Anyone with a similar boat got any comparisions

Thanks Heaps
Paulj

phishy

Cadet
Re: Trophy performance

congrats on the boat!
far as going 40mph..that sounds great to me..i have a 2052 with a desiel and i get 29mph tops..not really a good comparison..but i do think that speed sounds normal from fellow friends who own trophys.

frankie g

Petty Officer 1st Class

Hey how are ya!
I have a 2004 2302 w/ 150 2 stroke and I top out at 33. I think if you talk to some experts on propping you'll do better, I've been looking at the Enertia, much said about the prop, however it's a little pricey. get some pro help on that especially if your using the prop that came w/ the engine. I would guess you could get 45 out of her. jmo :cool:

tomysel

Seaman Apprentice

I have a 2008 trophy 2102 w/ 150 optimax. I was out yesterday WOT 5400rpm @ 40mph GPS running standard 15x17 3blade alum prop. Empty boat, full fuel 80gal, 1 person, 1-2' seas.

Never had a 2 stroke outboard engine before, well i never had an outboard engine before... Just can't get used the the loudness....

frankie g

Petty Officer 1st Class

Yes, they are noisy but alotta guts and torque, and less moving parts to break down and adjust and maintain 4 strokes are nice and quite but heavy and expensive to maintain. Between the high cost of the motor itself, maint. , weight... give me a set of ear plugs and I'm happy, as for fuel I really haven't figured yearly cost and extra charge for the engine if the savings is worth buying a 4 stroke. I'd rather have my noisy fast more dependable 2 stroke! JMO :D Oh! and I bet if you pro yours with the right SS prop you'll get better Gas mileage as well as better speed

rode0

Cadet

Thanks Guys
It's at the dealers now getting the performance fixed and also the inspection hatch near the motor has been leaking. This is also getting changed.
These boats are held in respect in Australia as being a Top End boat as opposed to the entry level they are called in the states.
Stay Dry

Paulj
:D:D:D