Trophy Fishing Boats

Zebramidge

Cadet
Anyone had any experience with these boats made by Bayliner, specifically the smaller 17 foot model. Looking for a fresh water large river and lake boat. Thanks.

12Footer

Fleet Admiral
Re: Trophy Fishing Boats

They are a strong hull, but look for problems with fit and finish. In particular, the anchor box. They have been known to leave out the drain hole, to have leaks into the head deck, or leave out the under deck drain in the bow. I believe this boat comes with a great warantee tho, so they will fix it.

Hardysplace

Recruit
Re: Trophy Fishing Boats

Off the current subject ...<br />Found your name mentioned in some e-mails about a 14' Whaler Rage. Am considering purchase and wanted to know what you might have to contribute? Sea trial is tomorrow and boat has the OMC 115 hp.<br />Back on the subject ...<br />I've heard the Bayliner Trophy is pretty cheaply built. I looked at them and decided to go with a Proline 21 - haven't been sorry. It is quality built and handles rough water very well. Originally had it up in Utah at Flaming Gorge, then brought it down to Florida for some light off shore action. Am looking at the Rage for a second shallow river water boat.