tronsom Restoration

mortaz

Cadet
Good day to all

I have a question to all

Instant of removing the transom fiberglass and change the marine plywood, of course that?s a very long hard job and no one is doing it easily.
My question is, can we vacuum and thin injection epoxy in it as wall injection, of course there well be drilling from many positions.

By the way I would like to thanks for all the members that I have learn good idea and get skilled

Thanks again

DukesFin

Chief Petty Officer
Re: tronsom Restoration

I'm not sure I understand what you've typed...

Are you talking about just injecting epoxy in a rotten transom?

When it comes to "transom restoration", if it done "easily", rest assured, it was not done right!

mortaz

Cadet

yes I am talking about just injecting epoxy in a rotten transom
But first of all we need to remove all the moisture from the wood by entering same heat inside the drilled holes,
It's assessment post
This is new idea so let's talk about it, if it's done it well be from www.iboats.com
By the way my writing is not so good

thanks

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

There's nothing to talk about. This is an absolutely terrible idea. You need to remove the bad and replace it will good. Either new plywood or a composite like SeaCast or NideBond.

tallcanadian

Captain

Yeah for sure dude. Remove the old wood and replace it with new. The epoxy, even though it's awesome stuff will not stick to old dead wood like that. Tear out the old. Do it right and it will last forever. Good luck.

legoman67

Chief Petty Officer

remove wood, then either add new wood(traditional) or fill with a composite like mentioned above, which is basically a really strong fiber inforced epoxy.

its not that bad, i did it traditional style on my 28' with twin I/O's ........ first time ever working with fibreglass. link in my sig

mortaz

Cadet

Thanks for all of you for replying
It was an idea of new way to do something new specially if the thing is hard to do.
Everything in this world, the start of it was very bad idea or it was very hard to do it but from others ideas and thinking it become more perfect and possible
Thanks for your reply
:)