FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
I have a 24V Motor Guide X5 I am installing. I have the boat wired with 6 gauge and and installed a 50 amp breaker but thetthe only plug I could find that matches my existing port is 10 gauge, will 6 inches of 10 gauge wire cause a problem?
I have a 24V Motor Guide X5 I am installing. I have the boat wired with 6 gauge and and installed a 50 amp breaker but thetthe only plug I could find that matches my existing port is 10 gauge, will 6 inches of 10 gauge wire cause a problem?
No, a short six inches of 10 gauge will not harm the current needed. The shorter the wires, the more current they can handle...up to a point. But in your situation, it will work just fine. Just make sure you make good quality connections between the 10 gauge and 6 gauge wires and happy boating!