Trolling motor battery

Drowned Rat

Captain
Re: Trolling motor battery

Yes, it would. But it will not give you very much run time. Small deep cycle batteries are sold at Wal Mart and automotive stores. They would work better for you. Good luck.

Silvertip

Supreme Mariner

A motorcycle battery would last about 10 minutes give or take a little depending on the size of your trolling motor and the capacity of the battery.

Boatist

Rear Admiral

It might work for a small 4 cycle trolling motor. For a electric trolling you better take a paddle along.

Edson15

Petty Officer 3rd Class

THanks everyone. I am going to Wal MArt tomorrow to look for one. Also I would like to wish Everyone a Happy and Safe boating season. Let's all have fun but also be safe.

LubeDude

Admiral

:confused:
Originally posted by Edson15:<br /> Would a 12v motorcycle battery work for a trolling motor?
:confused: <br /><br />Im missing something here. :eek: <br /><br />Whats the point, and why would you want to? Motorcycle batteries cost more than a decent deep cycle. Whats the application, size of boat and size of the trolling motor? When buying deep cycle batteries, bigger is allways better.

Edson15

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Thanks LubeDude as I was told in previous posts it wouldn't work so I got a battery from Wal Mart.