Tritoon project boat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Viviana174

Cadet
Hello! This is my first post but I've been reading the threads for several years now.

We picked up this tritoon for a steal but obviously with a cheap boat we have a few issues. The middle toon is off center. I'm not sure if it came like this or it's supposed to be like this but the center tune is closer to the right side which has the most seating and fuel tank.

The other issue is that the stainless steel bolts holding up the pontoons or actually impacting it to where they leak air. luckily the pontoons are foam filled.
​​​​​​
If anybody has any advice or suggestions for me I'd really appreciate it I looked everywhere for an off-center tune and I cannot find anything.

Attachments

• photo325537.jpg
    photo325537.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 8
  • photo325538.jpg
    photo325538.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 8

HotTommy

Lieutenant Junior Grade
The longer your question goes unanswered by anyone (including me), the more I suspect you are the owner of a one-of-a-kind project boat rather than an uncommon factory tritoon.

Viviana174

Cadet
Shoot, the hull # matched up with the title which shows a playcraft. All the pontoons look exactly the same like if they came from factory. No crappy welds or what not. It would make sense if somebody before me possibly redid the whole boat because even the layout is like nothing I've ever seen. the captain's chair and console is about 4 feet from the front.

Either way, any advice on the center toon placement? Now would be the time to correct everything because we took all the upholstery and deck off

ahicks

Captain
Sure looks weird. Is that center 'toon parallel with the outer toons? If so, is there a possibility it was off set to accommodate a larger load on that side of the boat - to level it when loaded possibly? To allow it to fit on the trailer properly?

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
I think it looks like the front of center toon could be offset to port. Can't tell about the rear.

Viviana174

Cadet
Yes the center toon is parallel but more towards the portside which does have the most seating and the fuel tank. The center toon is also in line at the front and is a half toon. Would it slow down the performance of the motor because it's not centered with the transom? Or could that be why they chose a half toon?

catman977

Seaman Apprentice
Looks like a good fun Project. I would search for a full toon, for the center, and remount the motor to it's transom. Center the console, and the rest, put on a grid paper. rebalance the furniture. Look at all the tri toons, I've never seen one off set. I Like the sun deck, perfect for mounting fishing rods on the underside. Just my 2 Cents . Good luck

jbcurt00

Staff member
@catman977 Vivana174 hasnt been here since June, hence the 90day inactivity rule

Please refrain from posting to inactive topics

Closed

Status
Not open for further replies.