Triton tr186 performance

trock1268

Recruit
Not an expert in this area but would like to hear from one. I have a Tr186 , 6 inch jack plate, 150 Johnson 2 stroke outboard tournament load and me in the boat. Motor is in great shape. 1/2 tank of gas.
Before installing this jack plate I was running with tm load, and two guys, 57/58 mph, at 5100 rpm. 25 pitch 4 blade renegade prop. Added a 6 inck jack plate.
Installed the jack plate on my Triton had the 25 pitch renegade prop 4 blade I tried first which is what came on the boat. Started it all halfway up the jack plate ran 54 miles per hour maybe 55 and was running 57 to 58 with the same prop. Went all the way up almost ( when I measured it was 2/3/4 above pad.) boat got slower went all the way down checking along the way every half inch up and down never got any better performance. Change to a 3 blade raker prop started approximately 1/2 from the highest point on the jack plate (which is 2 3/4 inch - prop to pad.8) went down every half inch and got the best performance at about 3 3/4 prop to pad. But still only hit 59.3 at 55 to 5600 rpm. Good water pressure. At that point I am basically at the lowest the jack will go. I thought raising it would help performance and speed. So am I doing something wrong, is it the prop? One other thing, until at this low point on the jack plate it would not get up on the pad. Now it's on the pad but still feels like there is to much drag. Anybody got a suggestion.
Sorry if this was strung out and long winded. Tried to provide all I could.
Thanks Tim