Triton 176 Magnum all welded hull

bcfryer

Cadet
Any scoop on this hull, Looks well made. Anyone have anything to say about the all welded triton magnum series hulls. I ran across a 2004 176 Magnum , triton trailer, 2005 Merc 115 2 stroke carb engine. Looking to buy

LubeDude

Admiral
Re: Triton 176 Magnum all welded hull

0.JPG
<br /><br />Man, I dunno, the asking price for this 2004 is better than $18,000. Not being a big fan of metal boats anyway, you can get a very very nice Glass one like a used 2000 vintage for around the same price and have much more boat. Most ranger owners baby there boats so they are generally in great condition.

imported_bjs

Petty Officer 1st Class

i think those are good boats but after owing a alum.boat i think i will stick to glass alum.boats blow around in the wind hard to load when wind blows but i live in kansas maybe the wind dont blow were you live.its just a thought.

bcfryer

Cadet

years back I owned a 1989 Astro with a Merc XR4 V6. Nice riding heavy boat, liked gasoline and was heavy to tow. These all welded Tritons appear to be solid built and designed. I tested this one on the lake and was impressed. 2004 (14 Months old) Owner claims 25 hrs on 2005 Mercury 115ELPTO, Triton trailer , triton full travel cover, 24v motorguide , three bank charger, Lowrance X51 at bow and 330C GPS Sonar combo at dash. Full guage package including water pressure guage, No scratches on hull, trailer looks like never used. New stainless prop 21 pitch. Was in a boat house lift. Ran at 53 MPH with me and my son. Was quick out of the hole. Asking price is $14200.00 I am still looking but this one has a chance. Champaine hull color, tan carpet , black trailer, Thanks for the input.

bcfryer

Cadet

I would like to send two pictures but I do not know how this is done.

Kanadakid

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I have a triton 176 sport which is a step lower than the magnum and I really like the boat. It is easy to load in the wind or in river current.........I do it all the time. It doesn't take nearly as much HP to run it, doesn't get stress cracks, its lighter to tow around and bounces off rocks instead of shattering all over the place. All in all I love this boat. Pre 2003 trailers were a problem but think you are Ok with a 2004.<br /><br />It doesn't have the sparkly fisnish....and you don't have to wear one of those silly billboard shirts.<br /><br />Hope this helps<br /><br />Kid

imported_bjs

Petty Officer 1st Class

all i read on the web sites when those alum.boats get old the stringers crack.transom cracks true or not true i dont know.may check some other websites but i did see a rtiton alum.boat at a lake this summer and looked like the boat was well bulit.its was green theres a web page about triton likes and dislikes.i dont remember what that website was sorry.might look around some more.im not bad mouthing triton they bulid a fine boat and i do own one.so im not bashing.

koolerb

Petty Officer 1st Class

I was looking at Triton aluminum boats today. I guess Triton just got into the aluminum boat business about four years ago. I wouldn't totally rule out buying one because of that, but there are a whole bunch of other manufacturers out the with excellent track records decades long. It’s a consideration.

imported_bjs

Petty Officer 1st Class

have you looked at lund boats im not a triton basher i own one its a great boat.im just making a suggestion.

georgiaboy

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I asked about my 2005 Triton Mag. 175 on the GON forum here in ga. and without an exception every one said if you wanted an Al. boat the Triton was by far the best. So I bought one about 3 months ago and I absolutely love it. It has a Johnson 90 so it runs about 55 max. out and at normal speeds gets great gas milage. Would not sell mine for what I paid for it I will tell you that.

spiderdh

Recruit

I have a boat/motor configuration exactly like you described. I bought it used from a friend for $14,000 about 4 years ago. I love it. Mine has the 115 Mercury and I don't know how fast that will push it as we seldom get calm waters in Central Arkansas. I do know it goes around 60 plus and that's fast enough for me. Any faster and my wife would "abandon ship".