Trim Toogle switch?

drdetroit3

Cadet
Hi guys,

I have a 84 sratos, there is a toogle switch on the rear of the boat to raise and lower the motor, it is a toggle up,center and down.
I need to replace it, it will go up but not down, where can I find one?

It has 3 wires going to it, model is Carling 9743?

Thanks, Mike

Bondo

Staff member
Re: Trim Toogle switch?

Ayuh,.... Welcome Aboard,....

Did ya Test the switch, or are ya just Hopein' it ain't somewhere else in the wirin',..??

Ya may not be able to find an exact copy, so ya might have to cob in something Like it...

drdetroit3

Cadet

not sure how to test the switch, the switch at the throttle works and only up on the rear switch.

Silvertip

Supreme Mariner

Do you have a test light or voltmeter? If not, you need one if you intend to troubleshoot electrical items on your boat. Sort of like having a lug wrench with you if you intend to change a tire on the road. Can't do much without tools. +12 volts comes into the center terminal on the switch. Place the POS probe on that terminal. Put the negative probe on ground. The test light should light or the meter should show 12 volts. If not, power is not getting to the switch so there is a wiring problem. If the test light or meter shows 12 volts input, move the POS probe to one of the end terminals and move the switch up or down. If you don't see the light or 12 volts on the meter when testing both end terminals to ground, the switch is bad. If you see light or 12 volts on one end terminal but not the other the switch is also bad.

drdetroit3

Cadet

Ill test it, im sure it has power becauce the up works, just not the down. I looked for this switch online and did not find a match, where sould I look?/