Trim Tabs

JEBar

Chief Petty Officer
Re: Trim Tabs

Jim,

Ok, I'm a bit biased but I think the M80s are a perfect choice for your boat.

The Electronic Indicator Control has a built in Auto Tab Retractror, so there is no need to buy the separate unit.

Trim Tab indication is nice to have, but on a smaller boat like your Sea Pro the best indication of where the Trim Tabs are will be the boats reaction.

I work for Bennett and like to see boaters buy all of our options, but on your boat I would recommend the basic M80 kit and then see if you want to add the other features!

information and recommendations appreciated .... please, bear with me a bit so as to make sure I understand .... I didn't realize the Electronic Indicator Control had a built in retract feature .... does it work just like the Auto Tab Retractor in that when you cut the key off, the tabs automatically move to being all the way up .... that is an important feature to me .... I did read that the system is designed to where the Auto Tab Control can be added later .... a few years ago I had manual trim tabs on a larger boat and while I could make them work, I often wished there had been some sort of auto control .... you've given me some things to think over and once again I do appreciate it

Jim

Tabman

iboats.com Partner

Jim,

Yes, the Auto Trim Tab Retractor that is built into the Electronic Indicator Control will retract the Trim Tabs to the fully up position when the key is switched to the off position.

The EIC indicator switch is a great control, and it is nice to see where the Tabs are.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

JEBar

Chief Petty Officer

Let me know if you have any other questions.

after reading your reply I went back to Bennett's sit and reread the info on the Electronic Indicator Control .... sure enough, I read but hadn't seen the info on it having a built in auto retract feature .... hopefully we will be able to add the trim tabs to our boat over the winter .... thanks for your offer of future assistance, it is one I will most certainly keep in mind

Jim

seabob4

Lieutenant Commander

There is no one better than Tom...period!
posting.gif
posting.gif
posting.gif

Tagerman

Seaman

I will say Tom has helped me fix my Boat Leveler Co. tabs numerous times already this season. On that premise alone next boat I get will have Bennett Tabs!

JEBar

Chief Petty Officer

Jim,

Ok, I'm a bit biased but I think the M80s are a perfect choice for your boat.

It is easily added after the basic installation and you may want to try running the boat with the "manual controls" before you add it.

Tom ....

just a quick post to let you know that per your recommendation I just ordered a M80 kit with Electronic Indicator Control and an additional Auto Tab Control unit .... I want to thank you for your assistance in making this selection

Jim

JEBar

Chief Petty Officer

Tom:
You're one first class guy taking the time and effort to help a fellow boater with a problem even with a competitors product.
Now that's customer service.

Mark

as noted above, after reading numerous positive comments about Tom and Bennett, I placed an order for their M80 tabs with an Electronic Indicator Control and additional Auto Tab Control .... when the order arrived I removed the instructions and have spent most of a day reading through them .... at one point I got confused (for me that wouldn't unexpected :redface: ) and fairly late on a Friday evening emailed Tom for a clarification .... frankly, I didn't expect to hear anything in return until Monday at the earliest .... shortly after sending the first email I opened the boxes to take a look at the components .... to my surprise, when I opened the box with the pump, some broken plastic pieces fell out .... after taking some pictures I sent them in a second email to Tom .... to my surprise and delight it wasn't long until both emails were answered .... in the first he cleared up my confusion and in the second he made arrangements to send a replacement pump ..:D.. truly a class act, one that proves to me that the decision to go with Tom/Bennett was a good one

Jim

JEBar

Chief Petty Officer

update .... replacement pump arrived today .... tomorrow we will return the broken pump along with our thanks for their really great customer service

Jim

Tabman

iboats.com Partner

Jim,

Thanks for the update.

I look forward to you installing the Trim Tabs. As always let me know if you have any questions.

JEBar

Chief Petty Officer

As always let me know if you have any questions.

now that is something you can count on ..:D.. our son still has our boat so the install will not take place for a few weeks

Jim