Trim pump solenoid

hopes&dreams83

Seaman Apprentice
Seems I have a bad trim pump solenoid. I'm trying to order the right soloneoid. I can't find a part number for a trim pump solenoid or anything related to trim components. I was able to find a part number for the starter solenoid. Are they the same solenoid for all three? One seller Is advertising the starter solenoid as also for the power trim pump. Is this fact or fiction? Would it also be the same for both up and down solenoid?

racerone

Supreme Mariner
Do you have a year / model or picture of the pump / reservoir unit ??

Bondo

Staff member
Seems I have a bad trim pump solenoid. I'm trying to order the right soloneoid. I can't find a part number for a trim pump solenoid or anything related to trim components. I was able to find a part number for the starter solenoid. Are they the same solenoid for all three? One seller Is advertising the starter solenoid as also for the power trim pump. Is this fact or fiction? Would it also be the same for both up and down solenoid?
Ayuh,..... Whatcha workin' on,..?? there's been several different ones over the years,.....

hopes&dreams83

Seaman Apprentice
Ayuh,..... Whatcha workin' on,..?? there's been several different ones over the years,.....
Serial number on the engine is 0l022871. It's a mercruiser 5.0l with alpha 1 gen 2 drive. I think year 98 to 04 I may be wrong on the years

hopes&dreams83

Seaman Apprentice
Do you have a year / model or picture of the pump / reservoir unit ??
Boat is is 2000 but it's on its 4th engine and I have no idea if it's what actually came with from the factory. GM 5.0l mercruiser alpha 1 gen 2. Only wire diagrams that seem to match the harness is the 2004 engine diagrams

Scott06

Admiral

Bt Doctur

Supreme Mariner
You are correct, the starter, and trim ones have a stepped base

1960 Starflite

Petty Officer 1st Class
I call the one for the engine Starter a "Slave" solenoid. The actual starter solenoid is located on the engine.
It's used because of voltage drop from key switch to starter.

hopes&dreams83

Seaman Apprentice
I call the one for the engine Starter a "Slave" solenoid. The actual starter solenoid is located on the engine.
It's used because of voltage drop from key switch to starter.
My brother was losing his mind over me calling it a solenoid lol. He says it's a relay. I personally don't care what it's called as long as I get it working

Scott06

Admiral
My brother was losing his mind over me calling it a solenoid lol. He says it's a relay. I personally don't care what it's called as long as I get it working
they really are relays especially if u hang out with engineer weenies…not sure why they get called a solenoid