Trim Problems

mca1634

Cadet
just bought a boat with 2000 200 efi mercury. the trim stopped working as well as the trim tabs. filled the resevoir up with tranny fluid and tabs . if the motor sits a day and i try the trim i can hear the motor but will not work. the more i try the trim the more it fads out to nothing at all. do i need the bleed the lines?

#2 water spitting out of motor is extremely hot. no thermostat alarms going off. I heard the efi's run aroung 180 degrees. after a long day out and running hard in the trottle just cut out twice, only when at full trottle. I'm thinking it's the impeller. (hopeing).

please help a new boat owner out.

hkeiner

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Re: Trim Problems

#2 water spitting out of motor is extremely hot. no thermostat alarms going off. I heard the efi's run aroung 180 degrees. after a long day out and running hard in the trottle just cut out twice, only when at full trottle. I'm thinking it's the impeller. (hopeing).

If the motor is overheating, you better fix it soon or you will seriously damage the motor. One common solution is to replace/rebuild the water pump and see if this solves the overheat problem. If it does not, my next suggestion is to hook up a water pressure gauge to the motor and see what the PSI readings are at various RPMs. These readings will provide a better clue as to what the problem may be and possible solutions.

Attachments

• Water Pressure Troubleshoot Guide.jpg
    Water Pressure Troubleshoot Guide.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 0