Trim not working properly

rickasbury

Senior Chief Petty Officer
I've had a rinker 06 270 for about 8 years, 350 mpi and bravo 3.

Trim only worked with down or trailer switch for operation. I worked through a transom re seal on here and replaced the sending units but still not working...I don't know if it's the handle in the switch or some other bug in the connections at the pumb- everything looks clean, motor and pump are pumping both directions so that side of it seems to be ok...I have a meter if someone can guide mr through a couple of things to check?

alldodge

Staff member
Check the trim limit switch on the port side of the drive. If it can be adjusted and it starts to work then its the limit switch.

If this does not help, connect the limit switch wires together (Pur/Wht with Blu/Wht) coming from the throttle handle. This will bypass the limit switch.

If this doesn't help, check the 3 wire connector coming from the throttle handle at the pump. My switch was fine but the connector pin was broken inside

Trim wiring Merc 2012.jpg

stresspoint

Ensign
the Po of my Maxum looped the trim limit switch wires with a jumper wire and it only worked down and on trailer switches .
the reason they did that was the trim limit switch had a bent connector inside the trim switch unit on the outdrive .
simple fix , i just bent the slide tab back to where it needed to be and re connected the 2 wires ..
i also had to re adjust the gauge because for some reason the Po messed with that too , there is an exert in the alpha 1 manual that describes the process to do that .l

rickasbury

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Awesome info...@alldodge good see see your still here as you helped me through my transom rebuild...which is still holding up fine!