Trim not operable

Elk River Rat

Recruit
I have a 2004 Caravelle 175 with a 3.0GLM-C Volvo penta (4 cyl). I put it in the water for the first time yesterday and about 100 yds from the dock the engine started to overheat and burned the exhaust bellows. In the process it also burned and shorted out some wires. I've lost the bilge pump and the power trim operation. The boat is now on my trailer with the outdrive dragging on the ground and inoperable. Where is the wire that operated the trim located? There is one wire next to the bellows that I know burned and shorted. I need to locate the wire and fix the trim problem so I can transport the boat to the shop.

Alumarine

Captain
You might want to put this in the Volvo sterndrive section.

You could try and disconnect the rams and lift the drive by hand and support it somehow.
With my Mercruiser i can use a 2x2 between the drive and the bell housing.

Oh, and welcome! Good luck.

alldodge

Staff member
I have a 2004 Caravelle 175 with a 3.0GLM-C Volvo penta (4 cyl). I put it in the water for the first time yesterday and about 100 yds from the dock the engine started to overheat and burned the exhaust bellows. In the process it also burned and shorted out some wires. I've lost the bilge pump and the power trim operation. The boat is now on my trailer with the outdrive dragging on the ground and inoperable. Where is the wire that operated the trim located? There is one wire next to the bellows that I know burned and shorted. I need to locate the wire and fix the trim problem so I can transport the boat to the shop.

:welcome: to iboats

Here is probably your wiring diagram
Volvo Penta wiring diagram.jpg