Trim Issues on VP 4.3 GXI

mowen37

Recruit
Howdy folks,

I'm a first-year boat owner and have already found the true meaning of BOAT !! lol.....Bought a 2007 Four Winns 200 Horizon with at 4.3L GXI-G and an SX-A 1.66 Drive. Boat only has 240 hours on her but after a few days on the water, I'm running into an issue. The biggest one currently is my trim was working but when I took her out of the water last Saturday it quit working. Luckily a fellow boater came over to help me strap the outdrive up with a strap so I could tow it home.

So far I've tested all the Relay's and they are working fine. All I get is clicking in the relays both up and down. Not sure what else to do at the moment besides looking into the trim pump and trim sender. I've been researching online and Youtube. Any thoughts on what to check next or what it could be?

Lawnpro979

Petty Officer 1st Class
Was having the same issue, found the connection where the motor plugs into was corroded.

mowen37

Recruit
Ok ill have to check that out. The previous owner stated that he had muskrats eat the trim cables so he had them replaced last year. I'll have to look inside the motor at all the connections next.