Trim Gauge only registers when adjusted at motor

danimal045

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Thread starter
Joined
Feb 18, 2022
Messages
88
Hey all,

Was hoping for some input.

I got a trim gauge for my 2000 Johnson 50HP Long Shaft Model J50VLSIG 2 cycle. I wired it up and tested it before drilling into my dash.
First i tried it from the remote button on the binnacle (which will adjust trim), and nothing! Then i went to the motor and adjusted the trim from there, and it works fine.

What’s my issue? Did i wire something wrong in the binnacle controls? Everything else works fine on the remote control, and i don’t have any issues with the Ignition. I grabbed an oem tachometer as well. I’ll install that next, hopefully.

The wiring harnesses were already ready to go for a trim gauge and tach, i just didn’t have either when i finished the boat and started using it.

Any help or input on the problem or a starting point is appreciated!

-Dan
 

danimal045

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Thread starter
Joined
Feb 18, 2022
Messages
88
Is there maybe wiring from the binnacle that also needs to go to the gauge? It’s been a while since i ran all that, so i don’t remember if there were any unused connections
 
Top