Trim cylinder pin too tight

WideOpenVTwin

Cadet
Thread starter
Joined
Aug 8, 2007
Messages
16
The rear pin came out quite easy (slight tap with rubber mallet).
The front one was a beast to remove, and ended up marring up the threads in the process (fixed now).
Now I'm trying to reinstall it, but it still seems to be way too tight. I can't even push it through one of the cylinder ends without a hammer. It's as if the pin is too thick. Is this normal? If not, any ideas what's going on?

Drive is a Volvo SX Cobra (C1).

Thanks!
 

muc

"Retired" Association of Marine Technicians...
Joined
Jul 7, 2004
Messages
2,444
Re: Trim cylinder pin too tight

Clean out the corrosion and put some grease on the pin.
 

bruceb58

Honorary Supreme Mariner
Joined
Mar 5, 2006
Messages
30,824
Re: Trim cylinder pin too tight

And in some case you will need to replace the plastic bushings that fit into the trim rams and drive. I just replaced all of these on my drive.
 

WideOpenVTwin

Cadet
Thread starter
Joined
Aug 8, 2007
Messages
16
Re: Trim cylinder pin too tight

Thanks for the replies. I didn't realize how thick the corrosion was. Cleaned it with a file and the pin popped right in. New bushings were used.
 
Top