Tree Huggers vs. VS

BoatBuoy

Rear Admiral
I'm not a tree hugger, but I do consider myself one who likes to see the environment managed/used responsibly. I guess I get that from Dad who was an ichthyologist. In this case I do agree with the "tree huggers". Victoria's Secrets needs to calm down. It was on the news this AM that they are the top the list of catalog mailers - ONE MILLION A DAY. Now that's over the top. <br /><br />Additionally, with the first-class postage we have to pay, we're subsidizing the lower-cost postage they're paying (and other junk mail advertisers). But that's another thread altogether.

LadyFish

Admiral
Re: Tree Huggers vs. VS

I receive sometimes two Vitoria's Secret magazines a week. Around the holiday even more. It is ridiculous. I don't how how they can afford the printing and publication of so many and still make a profit.<br /><br />Mr. LF never seems to mind me leaving them on the coffee table until trash day though. :D

Laddies

Banned

BoatBuoy, I agree if the junk mail users paid at the same rate that we do it would cut down all of the crap we get in the mail, it's just another case of the poor paying the bills for those who use govermental services to make money

Fly Rod

Commander

:) No tree hugger here!!! :D But do have to agree about the waste of paper product!!<br />I throw more paper in the trash or recycle then I read!!! This week alone the wife received several of them mail order catalogs and went instantly into the recycle bin!!!! ;) :cool:

cajun555

Chief Petty Officer

It is a waste of trees but we sure enjoying looking at the pictures at the shop. Imagine a refrigeration shop getting VS at our shop. The boss includes VS advertisment as one of our benifits.

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

Easy Ladyfish. They are selling you $1 thirdworld manufactured goodies for $59.99, on sale for $48.50. OOOOOh wow, I'm saving 20% !!!<br /><br /><br />Two women at work going thru the catalogs a month ago in the break room.<br />Catalog 1: Plain underwear, $18, on sale for $11.99<br />Catalog 2: Same item, on sale, 3 for $24<br />Catalog 3: Same item, $5.99

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member

On a brighter note the internet has probably saved more trees then any other invention including tree huggers!<br /><br />Bob

xikxak

Petty Officer 1st Class

And it seems the smaller the underware gets,the more it costs. :) :eek:

Elmer Fudge

Lieutenant Commander

It's got to be a secret, how else could a pair of buttfloss cost $30.00 <br /> :eek: :D

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Originally posted by Elmer Fudge:<br /> It's got to be a secret, how else could a pair of buttfloss cost $30.00 <br /> :eek: :D
:D @buttfloss

neumanns

Lieutenant Commander

I like the looks of them expensive ones, to bad the only place I'll ever see them modeled is in the catalog's. :rolleyes:

bassman283m

Seaman Apprentice

Originally posted by Bob_VT:<br /> On a brighter note the internet has probably saved more trees then any other invention including tree huggers!<br /><br />Bob
Not necessarily. I occasionally order some stuff online from Cabelas. This past year I got 11 catalogs from them. I ordered a couple pair of pants online from Sears about a year ago. I get a minimum of a catalog a month from them (the small, 50 page variety). there are others.<br /><br />It seems if you order anything online, you should include a larger mail box in your order.

mattttt25

Commander

if there is any company that should be allowed to print and send millions of copies of their catalogs, it's victoria's secret.

LubeDude

Admiral

I mean no body sends out more catologes than Harbor Freight Tools!! I mean NNNNNOOOOO BODY! I sometimes get two-three a week. Just for fun, I started stacking them in the corner of the shed, Its about two feet high right now.

KaGee

Admiral

Oh c'mon now guys.... how do you expect the paper recyclers to stay in business??? They got to eat too! Think of their kids! <br /><br />Think about all the people (your friends, neighbors and family) you would put out of a job by ending these catalogs.<br /><br /> :p :D

D

DJ

Their (Victorias Secret) propensity for sending out catalogs is directly related to this countrys addiction to voyeurism.

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

Who is Victoria, and what is her secret, anyhow? I must be living a sheltered existence, because we have never gotten any catalogs from her, or her secret.<br />Must be a clandestine cult out there. :) <br />And recycle, America!
emthup.gif

LadyFish

Admiral

12Footer, order something and you will get more than you ever dreamed of. ;)

Big Ears

Seaman Apprentice

Originally posted by LadyFish:<br /> I receive sometimes two Vitoria's Secret magazines a week. . :D
This is a underwear supplier for ladies isn't it ?<br />Where do I send my address ?hehehehehe