Transplanting Ones-self.

eeboater

Commander
Re: Transplanting Ones-self.

Many thanks to everyone who have provided what I feel is invaluable advice. I'm finding that everyones current life-situation can influence what their opinion on moving away would be. I know life at "Home" would be different. So far, family has been very receptive to the idea (to the point that my inlaws are ecstatic.) <br /><br />What we miss are the mall's we grew up at, the favorite local diners, the local waterways I learned how to navigate a boat on, radio stations, grocery stores and shopping centers. We miss our church - the one we got married in. We miss the ability to dive 10 minutes to borrow a drill from my Father-In-Law. The pace of life in general is different up there. <br /><br />So, as much as I hate to say it, there is a lot of "emotional" attachment to the city which are influencing our decision. We know life isn't goint to be EXACTLY the same, but thats the way life is. I've been away from home, lived in 4 different cities in 2 different metro areas and states. I think I've gotten enough taste of "life outside."<br /><br />Sean

Ron G

Commander

Rember home is were you make it and family is family were ever you are or they are if it feels right and your family mrs ee is for it then go for it.

jinx

Senior Chief Petty Officer

What's the matter? Milwaukee not cold enough for you?