FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
The transom is about 3/4 of an inch to thick for the outboard to mount on it. I have a two pics, one is the transom from the back the other is a view of it looking down, It is raining so I cant take to many right now
well I just measured it . OB has 2 and half inches of room, and the transom is exaclty three inches thick. I would fabricate something out of wood but who knows ... guess a bracket is in my future
I'm with aj, wondering how your gonna miss those tabs. When I install my kicker I had to have it at least 2' apart from the motors center line to get most of the turn radius from the motors. Kickers power head usually sit forward of the turning point enough that they hill hit the stern when turning starboard. And although the kickers turning point on mine was only an inch or so forward of the main motors turning point it was enough that the turn radius's were off by quite a bit. That is unless you planned on locking the kicker and trying to use the main as a rudder. I tried that for one trip.