TRANSOM HELP

msmorto

Petty Officer 3rd Class
I'm getting ready to remove the engine out of my<br />1985 Bayliner 1950. I have removed all of the floor, I have cut a 1" hole in the transom just above the stringer and (you guesed it )I need to REBUILD THE TRANSOM. I need detail instruction on how to do it. Please Help

CCrew

Chief Petty Officer
Re: TRANSOM HELP

From what I see of the 1950, it's pretty much just cut around the transom glass, then pull the ply sheets out, replace, and reglass. I'd resin sandwich between the sheets, which is something it doesn't appear Bayliner did. If yours is the same as mine, it's 4 sheets of 1/2 plywood, approx 3' square sandwiched together. Mine appears solid fortunately, or I'd be right there with you. From VA too. Must be gluttons for punishment here! :D <br /><br />-Roger
boat19.jpg

msmorto

Petty Officer 3rd Class

I THOUGH MINE WAS SOLID UNTIL I CUT A HOLE IN THE <br />TRANSOM, YOU MIGHT WANT TO DO THE SAME JUST TO BE SAFE. MINE IS A 4CYL. THE TRANSOM DON'T LOOK AS THICK AS YOURS?? WILL MESURE BEFORE I START<br />THANK'S FOR THE REPLY. :cool:

msmorto

Petty Officer 3rd Class

I THINK THAT I WILL NEED MORE DETAIL PHOTOS AND DESCRIPTION OF WORK IN PROGRESS HELP :(