Transom Angle

eastex

Cadet
Thread starter
Joined
Apr 10, 2011
Messages
9
I am installing a new depth finder on my new boat. The boat is an Xpress Xp16SC (Side Console) with a 50 HP Yamaha. I just bought a new Hummingbird Piranha MAX 170 Depth Finder.

My question is..... What is the transom angle of my boat? The installation of this new depth finder depends on the transom angle.
 

BaileysBoat

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Joined
Sep 29, 2008
Messages
716
Re: Transom Angle

Shouldn't matter, the transducer is adjustable. Adjust so it's level.
 

eastex

Cadet
Thread starter
Joined
Apr 10, 2011
Messages
9
Re: Transom Angle

Shouldn't matter, the transducer is adjustable. Adjust so it's level.

But the directions says that is has to be adjusted according to the transom angle????

And.... if my driveway isn't level and my boat is sitting on it, then if I adjust my transducer to level then am I correct?
 

eastex

Cadet
Thread starter
Joined
Apr 10, 2011
Messages
9
Re: Transom Angle

Aaarrrrrggggggghhhhh why can't things just be simple?
 

Silvertip

Honorary Supreme Mariner
Joined
Sep 22, 2003
Messages
28,772
Re: Transom Angle

This is simple -- you are making it not so simple. If the transom angle was 10 degrees, what would you set the transducer for and how would you measure it?????? The simple thing is place a straight edge along the bottom of the boat so it sticks past the transom. Adjust the transducer so it is parallel with the straight edge. Done! Go fishing,
 
Top