Trailering a RIB vs SIB with motor attached

w2much

Lieutenant
I have read a bunch of post regarding the trailering of inflateables. Some great ideas here. Searider must have saved countless transoms. I have a 10' Caribe 2001, new to me. I am planning on putting a 15 HP Johnson/Suzuki 4 stroke on it. My trailer was made for a single Yamaha jet ski type of thing. It has the customary two bunk support for the hull. I see it recommended that for the SIBs horizontal slats are recommended under the tubes, do not trailer with motor attached. Makes sense to me. The Caribe hull, the rigid fiberglass fits pretty much onto the original 2x4 carpeted bunks. The bunks extend a bit aft of the transom. Is this support enough to consider the dynamics of the hull and trailer setup the same as a regular boat hull.? That as far as the concern of trailering with the motor on or off is moot ? I want to mention here that my tubes, pontoons rest on the fenders of the trailer. I was wondering if that lends support and stability while trailering or abrasion and wear to the tubes ? I hope to take the setup down to Mexico about 500 miles and feel comfortable when I get back that I should have .............. .......... The roads are decent some miles would be off road and graded.

Sea Rider

Supreme Mariner
Can you post a good pic of the actual trailer ? Maybe can adequate the jet ski trailer for the 10" Rib to something like this..

09.JPG

10.JPG
11.JPG

Flyer-2JPG.jpg

The bunks must support the entire horizontal hull length sides of the Rib for a better combo support (pic 3) if without the attached black rubber rear middle keel/motor support. With this type of RIb trailer can have the motor living there permanently along trailering the combo on unpaved and paved roads as well.

Happy Boating

w2much

Lieutenant
The pictures are darn close to what I have. I have fenders his does not. My bunks are as long a the RIB itself and actually extend two inches past the rigid bottom.I also have a front roller to lift the RIB a bit. I do not have the roller in back but do have the extended bunks. When the pontoons are fully inflated they do ride lightly on the fenders. I thought they would so I bought new steel fenders and gave them more than ample support. Thank you Sea Rider.