Trailer Width less than 80" or more???

6MISFITZ

Petty Officer 1st Class
Thread starter
Joined
Nov 16, 2001
Messages
290
Rewiring my trailer plug was no big deal after I bought my first boat/trailer. <br />To replace the rear lights, I need to know how wide the trailer is.<br />Do you measure this at the lights/frame rails or between then wheels or the total width including tires??????
 

12Footer

Fleet Admiral
Joined
Mar 25, 2001
Messages
8,217
Re: Trailer Width less than 80" or more???

That would be axel length,hub to hub.<br />Just curious, why would you need to know the width? The kits usually come prewired,but are a standard distance appart at the lights (6ft i think).<br />At any rate, since the boat is not on this trailer now, it would be a good time to bolt some guides on it. You could then mount the lights high on these guides,thus keeping them out of the water.<br />I did this on my little trailer, and have yet to have any fixture problems.<br />It also makes wind and cross curents at the ramp a non-factor loading the boat.<br />I got the goodies to do the other trailer, but must float the boat off to retrofit it.
 

6MISFITZ

Petty Officer 1st Class
Thread starter
Joined
Nov 16, 2001
Messages
290
Re: Trailer Width less than 80" or more???

Thanks for the quick reply.<br />The boat is on the trailer all wrapped up for our long Niagara Winter's.<br />Some light kits do ask trailer width- less than 80 inches or more than 80 inches and then that gives you the correct kit.<br />GREAT IDEA on the side guide bunks. I load on the 26 knot NIAGARA river and with the current and wakes of boats over 30', I need all the help I can get to keep the boat centered until I pull it out of the water.
 
Top