Trailer w/Rollers

imported_JD__

Petty Officer 1st Class
I've previously owned Bass-type boats and trailers with bunks. I just purchased a Crestliner V on a Load Rite roller trailer. It has a total of 16 rollers but no center roller for a guide. Unloading went great but trying to load the boat was quite an experience to say the least. No problem actually getting it on the trailer but getting it level was a different matter. The trailer has the vertical tubing with round PVC pipes over them as guide-on's. Are a couple keel rollers a possibility or not? Suggestions?

rwidman

Lieutenant
Re: Trailer w/Rollers

Try putting a different amount of trailer in the water (more or less). One of these changes should help. Another thing to check - does it sit level in the water? Mine didn't, the batteries and fresh water tank were on the same side causing a list and crooked loading. Adding two batteries (130lb) to the other side fixed it. That's not why I added the batteries, but it's why I installed them where I did.

imported_JD__

Petty Officer 1st Class

Thanks for the reply Ron,<br />Yep, the boat does list to the right. My big but, the console and the cranking battery. Listing I suppose is one of the joys of having a "V' boat?<br />About the only way to fix it is to counter-balance with weight?

Solittle

Fleet Admiral

How about waiting to get into the boat until it is off the trailer?