FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
I just got 1979 Omega boat tri hull with Volvo penta AQ120 B motor a have no idea what kind of trailer came with it . Im sure its all origanal Cant find vin also
Ayuh,...... Welcome Aboard,..... Did the seller give ya the paper work yer State is gonna want, in order to register it,..??
If not,..... some States will allow ya to go with a "Homemade" tag,....
Some States don't care, 'n ya don't have to register it,.... at All,....
'n in other States,.... Yer screwed without the paper work,.....
What paperwork you have (or is needed) will depend on the state... in Illinois, you'd need to have a title and registration (license plate) for that trailer. Both of those would have make/model/year information.
In NY ANY trailer must have a VIN or it can't be registered. I had a 4'x8' long Harbor Freight trailer kit and it came with a certificate of origin and a VIN. Many years ago I actually DID build a homemade trailer and I had to applu my own VIN (it was JimS1968.......LOL)
In NY ANY trailer must have a VIN or it can't be registered. I had a 4'x8' long Harbor Freight trailer kit and it came with a certificate of origin and a VIN. Many years ago I actually DID build a homemade trailer and I had to applu my own VIN (it was JimS1968.......LOL)
My point was that the OP left us hanging without enough information.
I know a tri-hull with an i/o is likely not a 12 boat.
But with a 1979 boat on an xyzzy made trailer, in an unknown state, with unknown requirements, with unknown documentation, and no photos, and no weight capacity stated ; no one could possible know the answer to a question that was not actually asked.
And we still haven't heard from the original poster.