Trailer lights/turn signals

samuelfbrown

Cadet
Installed new trailer lights. Insured grounds clean. Had Nissan trailer ground rerun because of poor ground on original trailer hitch installation.<br />How can I boost the brightness of the trailer lights on a 12 volt system. Are there kits sold for same. If so,where and under wahat manufacrurers name?

Knightgang

Lieutenant
Re: Trailer lights/turn signals

I do not know anyway to boost the brightness of the trailer lights. If your lights are not as bright as the lights on the tow vehicle, I say that you still have a weak ground or a loose connection somewhere.

Maximerc

Petty Officer 1st Class

I think you can buy Halogen brake lights at Autozone.......... if the running lights are not bright enough you might get away with 6 volt lights if you have a lot of current loss. Bulbs may blow out quick though.

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Moving to Trailers.<br /><br />Check out LED lights for your trailer.

butlp

Petty Officer 1st Class

SFB,<br />Instead of using the trailer as your ground return, you may want to run a separate ground wire to each light and then back to the plug, it will eliminate any bad grounds which should make your lights brighter.

Lark40

Senior Chief Petty Officer

LED lights are the only way to go.<br /><br />Because they draw so much less, they will probably solve a less-than-perfect wiring setup.