Trailer hit while parked at ramp lot! Whats with people.

H20Rat

Vice Admiral
Re: Trailer hit while parked at ramp lot! Whats with people.

After a couple hours of not hearing anything I called the marina and asked if they heard from the owner. Never heard anything. Honestly my trailer took the bigger hit, his didn't even look like I touched it. Still feel like an idiot for such a bone head move.

My bet is the guy was either drunk or didn't have a license/insurance. In any case, reporting an accident was not in his best interest!

jkust

Rear Admiral

Bummer to hear that. I've seen this on a number of occasions at accesses here in MN. The spots are too tight and the angle to enter a spot leaves little room for error. Many of the ramp lots and the ramps/courtesy docs are astonishingly bad designs. As for the Bayliner versus other boat owners, who cares what others think?

agallant80

Commander

I hit someones boat at a dock. I left a note on his boat and the people who worked at the dock saw it. I gave them my number they said they would pass it along to the owner of the other boat when he came back. It is a few months later and I have heard nothing. I did not do a tonne of damage just popped off his rub rail (which after looking at it had been popped off before and put back on with epoxy). I still feel bad that I never heard from the guy. I am sure that it was not a big deal to him but its a big deal to me. I would like to compensate him some how for his time to put it back on.

MolsonCanadian

Petty Officer 2nd Class

The world would be an awesome place if it wasn't for people.

colbyt

Master Chief Petty Officer

The world would be an awesome place if it wasn't for people.

There is an old Twilight Zone episode on that subject that you should try to watch.