Trailer Broken

CatTwentyTwo

Chief Petty Officer
This was posted on one of our local fishing sites. The spring failed in the parking lot after the boat was launched. I hate to think what would have happened if it had failed on the freeway towing to the ramp.

Trailo.jpg

Bluesmobile

Seaman
Re: Trailer Broken

that sucks. makes me happy that I replaced my leaf springs on my trailer (one leaf was busted on one side). It could be an easy fix, but just think of the inconviance.

fishKILLER1987

Petty Officer 3rd Class

God almighty! That gives me a whole new outlook on putting things off like replacing worn out parts on a trailer.

ClassyGlassy

Petty Officer 1st Class

I actually had it happen while towing at 60mph down the highway, the fender kept the wheel in place and I pulled over immediately! I had blocks of wood in the truck with me and I put a block between the frame and the axle and used criss-crossed tiedown straps to hold it in place. I took the next exit off the highway and a friend of mine brought over a large flatbed trailer that we winched our boat/trailer onto and got it home. Was a waste of a perfectly good day! Cost me $150 to replace both springs a couple of weeks later!:cool: