Towing Boston Whaler 130 with Honda CRV

ChooChooSnakeMan

Seaman Apprentice
This may not be necessary and I'm not being a "smart you know what" with this comment. I sincerely want to help. We all are at different experience levels with all things in life. We all at the beginning don't know what we need to know. Your comment in the original first post of, "BW-130 Weight of boat with motor and full gas + Trailer = 1300. I know adding tongue weight of 20% is putting it over the limit." The Bold is my highlight and the concerning part that makes me think you don't understand that the tongue weight is not a weight that gets added to the total boat and trailer weight. The tongue weight is just the component or amount of the total boat and trailer weight that is pushing down on your hitch. For this set up you could set up a chair and place a bathroom scale on it with spacers to level the trailer when the tongue is down on the scale and just lower your trailer tongue end (where the ball would latch up) down on the scale with the jack and read the "tongue weight". If your boat and trailer fully loaded weighs 1300 lbs then you are under you maximum tow limit with your vehicle by 13%. Personally I like more margin that that but if you are just towing short distances to the ramp and back with no steep hills I think you will be fine. You have AWD so that is a plus.