Towing 2 rider hotdog with a bayliner capri 1700 70hp 1992

Status
Not open for further replies.

Widepern

Recruit
Hi guy im new to boating. I am looking to buy a tube, and i don t know if my 70 hp will have enough power to tow a 2 rider hotdog with one adult and one kid on it

ryan 98

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Hi guy im new to boating. I am looking to buy a tube, and i don t know if my 70 hp will have enough power to tow a 2 rider hotdog with one adult and one kid on it
Looks very similar in size/layout to my dads old boat with a 70 johnson. It tows that exact tube just fine. Maybe not the quickest, but 25 or so mph that it will do with that tube is more than you will probably ever go with it.

ryan 98

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Looks very similar in size/layout to my dads old boat with a 70 johnson. It tows that exact tube just fine. Maybe not the quickest, but 25 or so mph that it will do with that tube is more than you will probably ever go with it.
I think his has roughly a 17x 13 3/4 prop on it. So it's basically geared low for carrying 6 people or towing a tube. If your closer to a 19 pitch for speed it might not go quite as well. But it will do it just fine still

tpenfield

Staff member
@Zuniga57

Welcome to iBoats. Forum rules frown on posting to threads that have been dormant for over 90 days. The OP has not been on the forum in about 2 years.

Closed

Status
Not open for further replies.