Tower

DAG

Cadet
I have a Chap 183. I'm interested in getting a tower for the boat.<br />Does anyone have any recomendations. Me and my friends are big (up to 290) and I don't want to pull the tower off.<br />Thanks for the advise,<br />Doug

s1jor

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Tower

monster towers is suopposed to be a quality but affordable tower

Laddies

Banned

I doubt if a tower on a boat that is less than 20' with a couple of big guts on it is to safe in any weather

sangerwaker

Commander

You should have no problems with a tower on that boat as long as it is fit and mounted properly no matter the size of you and your buds. Here's a pic of 5 footers being towed from a tower, a Titan I believe, not that it matters. If a tower can support that kind of load, I highly doubt 1 290pound guy is going to give it any problems.<br /><br />
0.jpg
<br /><br />I looked at the Monster towers at the boat show a couple of weeks ago. They look pretty nice for the money. Well constructed. I have no experience with them other than simply looking at them.

DAG

Cadet

Sorry. <br />Yes a Wakeboard Tower.<br />I talked to a guy at Loud Liquid a tower manufacturer here in Sacramento. They have a stock tower for about $1300. He was concerned with the size of the "skiers" that a custom ($2800) tower may be needed.<br />Thanks again,<br />Doug

sangerwaker

Commander

Talk to some other dealers too. It's likely he is trying to upsell you a more expensive tower.<br /><br />Have you checked with the Monster factory to see what they say? You can call them toll free at 877-77-tower. Got the # form their website.<br /><br /> Monster Tower Homepage <br /><br />If you decide to go for the more expensive route, take a look at the Titan and Pro-Flight towers.