zopperman

Lieutenant Commander
Re: Tough Mudder

Where is teh one you're looking at, MI?

If I like this one, I might get a season pass :facepalm:

jasoutside

Supreme Mariner

Nah, that one I posted there is across the pond.

Hey, I talked to my bros and my two other buddies today about the Tough Mudder. Looks like we may have a 5 man team for the April 14/15 in OH.

http://toughmudder.com/

By the way Zop, one of my buddies ran one a little while back.

He said, "that electro shock obstacle was excessive."

HA! CAN'T WAIT!:D

zopperman

Lieutenant Commander

Unfortunately, I think that's the one I can't do because of the risk of my having another seizure :(
I'm so excited for the other stuff thougH!!

jasoutside

Supreme Mariner

Man, that is a bummer.

Well, I've never had one but kind of anticipating having my first when I run through those:eek:

Hey, what are your workouts looking like Zop? Run? Lift? Run in mud?

zopperman

Lieutenant Commander

Man, that is a bummer.

Well, I've never had one but kind of anticipating having my first when I run through those:eek:

Hey, what are your workouts looking like Zop? Run? Lift? Run in mud?

Hahaha well, I can promise you they suck! (seizures, not workouts)
I've been lifting since last march, about 4 times a week and I've been running on my all my off days and one other time at night so I get 4 runs in per week. I'm still pitifully slow, but I usually run about 3 miles and then do a few sprints down at the football field. I wish I could train in some more realistic environments, but all this philly mud... oh... wait.. ;)

jasoutside

Supreme Mariner

That's pretty darn good regiment Zop!

I've been a fatty mcfathead lately. I gotta get my game on now! Yesterday's morning run I seemed to have a little more motivation (I was replaying the Tough Mudder vid in my head as I was going along).

I have 11 acres of wood, hills, mud so I've been toying with a set up around my place;)

Hey, you don't happen to be a Nike+ runner do ya? I'll set up a challenge for us iffin ya are.

zopperman

Lieutenant Commander

That's pretty darn good regiment Zop!

I've been a fatty mcfathead lately. I gotta get my game on now! Yesterday's morning run I seemed to have a little more motivation (I was replaying the Tough Mudder vid in my head as I was going along).

I have 11 acres of wood, hills, mud so I've been toying with a set up around my place;)

Hey, you don't happen to be a Nike+ runner do ya? I'll set up a challenge for us iffin ya are.

Thanks, I've been working at it a while. It's hard some times.. like today I have a solid 10 pages more to work on my paper before I can lift so I'll be moving this work out to tomorrow.. but I ran at 630 this AM.
Wow, I'm a little jealous :eek:
What's Nike+runner?

zopperman

Lieutenant Commander

Yah, I slacked this morning. Hard run tomorrow now.

The Nike+ has been really helpful for me to get back into reasonable shape (lost about 50ish from my fattest state).

Check it out...

http://nikerunning.nike.com/nikeos/p/nikeplus/en_US/what_is_nike_plus

I'll definitely look into it soon and we can set something up, I can always use motivation :p
I've been doing a ton of pull ups and found those to be very helpful with upper body strength.
Once I finish up the 50 pages of my papers I have left I'll be training quite a bit harder through January and February.

jasoutside

Supreme Mariner

I'll definitely look into it soon and we can set something up, I can always use motivation :p
I've been doing a ton of pull ups and found those to be very helpful with upper body strength.
Once I finish up the 50 pages of my papers I have left I'll be training quite a bit harder through January and February.

Yah, you'll need a pair of Nike+ running shoes (I get mine cheap at the outlet store), Ipod (bet ya already have one of these), and a Nike+ sensor (eBay).

Hollar if ya get the gear and I'll set up a challenge for us.

Pull ups - yah, I need to shave some weight to pull this tubby carcass up anywhere:rolleyes:

Enjoy your papers Zop!

zopperman

Lieutenant Commander

Yah, you'll need a pair of Nike+ running shoes (I get mine cheap at the outlet store), Ipod (bet ya already have one of these), and a Nike+ sensor (eBay).

Hollar if ya get the gear and I'll set up a challenge for us.

Pull ups - yah, I need to shave some weight to pull this tubby carcass up anywhere:rolleyes:

Enjoy your papers Zop!

Definitely will.

It's thanksgiving break!! :D

and I found this today:
‎"I should probably note at this point that, despite having embraced my inner Mudder, this sort of thing isn't going to become a weekend habit for me. It's not that I can't hack it, it's just that I'm not obsessed with it, which many Mudders seem to be. Like 25-year-old Tyler Danielson, who is also at the event. He has a Tough Mudder season pass and is carrying 100 test tubes of tequila, vodka and raspberry schnapps in his CamelBak. He does a shot with anyone who asks. Danielson and his pals even down shots while dangling from the monkey bars. He has the Tough Mudder logo tattooed on his right calf and posts helmet cam video on muddercam.com. It's Danielson whom Dean has in mind when he talks about Tough Mudder becoming addictive."

LOL

jasoutside

Supreme Mariner

Yah, that's a bit over the line right there.

Hey, I ate waaaayyyyyy to much good food today! And I didn't care a bit!

I'll pay for it in time, but it was worth it.

Happy Turkey Day man!

zopperman

Lieutenant Commander

Thanks, Jas. Just saw the great news on the Jet star SC!! :D

Eating is good for you, it builds muscle!!!

jasoutside

Supreme Mariner

Thanks, Jas. Just saw the great news on the Jet star SC!! :D

Eating is good for you, it builds muscle!!!

Thanks Zop!

Well, if that's the case I should be super human than, ha!!

I've stepped up (down) the comfort level of some of my work outs. Ran through some mud/branches/thickets/briars the other day. It sucked so bad I went through it twice.:D

zopperman

Lieutenant Commander

Man I'm jealous you have all that mud over there ;)

I registered today and though... What did I get myself into? :facepalm:

zopperman

Lieutenant Commander

and I'm exited for it :D
Walking to class today in the monsoon counts for something... right? :rolleyes: