Tough call

txswinner

Banned
Now this is a real troll but guess I really feel this way.<br /><br />If you have not served your country in the military, you should not be pushing to send our troops into harms way except to protect our shores. Not to bring Democracy to a foreign country. <br /><br />On the other hand if you have or do serve you at least have a feel for what you are asking of these young people. War is horrible and nightmares last a life time.

Ralph 123

Captain
Re: Tough call

Haven't we had this discussion? Did you forget? Bored today are you?

D

DJ

TXS,<br /><br />You seem to delight in not answering tough questions in previous posts. You just create another.<br /><br />I have not served. A fault I will forever regret.<br /><br />Remember, THIS IS AN ALL VOLUNTARY FORCE.<br /><br />Look up the word-VOLUNTARY.<br /><br />War is horrible-no doubt. But our panzee way of dealing with it-stateside-is pathetic.<br /><br />We're a country of panzees. All feminized and tuning in "Friends".<br /><br />Guess what, here's a reality check, there are people out there that HATE us. Trying to befriend them gets you DEAD.<br /><br />There is no more solid state of mind than-DEAD!

Ralph 123

Captain

Anybody every try this? Does it work?<br /><br />
IMH-FFR.jpg

D

DJ

Drugs are NOT the answer. The whining 60's generation tried that. They're still whining.

txswinner

Banned

No Ralph I do not recall this, but concede to your brillance. Never served huh.

D

DJ

TXS,<br /><br />Get the names right. You're showing your lack of brilliance, with every post.

Ralph 123

Captain

OMG, you really don't remember do you? You better order a case of that Focus Factor<br /><br />Or maybe you're just one of those people who "types" (I am not going to call it writing) but does not read.

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

txswinner, you are letting your bad memories cloud your judgement.<br /><br />Despite what the liberal press says, Vietnam was a sucess in that it showed every country considering going communist, that they would have a fight on their hands.<br /><br />How many other countries went red after Vietnam????? Thailand was real close, but they saw what happened in Vietnam and it was crushed really fast.<br /><br />Stop reading the idiot liberal media and think with your brain.<br /><br />Ken

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

TXS.<br /><br />There has been at least one member of my family serving our country in uniform continuously since 1845. Before that it was Texas that my Great Grandfather served.<br /><br />Both of my uncles, both of my brothers, me, my son and one of my daughters all went/have gone in harms way to protect or restore freedom for freedom seeking people.<br /><br />I know exactly what we are asking of them, and I have seen the price of failure to do so.<br /><br />Isolationism is what made WWII a blood bath in Europe. You are thinking from the 18th century.

vipzach

Lieutenant

http://www.iboats.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=20;t=010625 <br />Did you not read what these people think they can do and want to do. <br /><br />"If you have not served your country in the military, you should not be pushing to send our troops into harms way except to protect our shores. Not to bring Democracy to a foreign country."<br /><br /><br />As for that line.....we are protecting our shores, those SOB's flew our planes into our building's and killed AMERICAN people! Just so you know, I didn't serve in the armed forces because I CAN'T......I am diabetic. I tried right out of high school and even tried in recent years. They will not allow me.

gonfishn

Commander

Blah blah blah..Hope you dont judge all vets by one persons point of view,which by the way it is his American Right..Just as each and everyone of you has that same right..<br /><br />Those who served and was in country has the same right as those who wanted to serve but could not. Just as for those who fled to Canada to escape all decisions that needed to be made...<br /><br />DJ..I may have misunderstood your 60's and drugs<br />But i will tell you this..A greater percentage of vets who served in Nam got high then those who didn't..It was a different time back then..An unpopular war and nobody wanted us. Both in Nam and here in the USA..<br /><br />I know that you did not serve and thats ok..But if you were ,during a fire fight I would welcome you on either side of me if you know where i am coming from..<br /><br />Ts..You are entitled to your own opinions but I doubt that our brothers at the wall would agree with you..Peace

D

DJ

DJ..I may have misunderstood your 60's and drugs<br />But i will tell you this..A greater percentage of vets who served in Nam got high then those who didn't..It was a different time back then..An unpopular war and nobody wanted us. Both in Nam and here in the USA..<br /><br />
gonfishn,<br /><br />"Nobody" is all inclusive. I was not NOBODY. Nor, was my family.

txswinner

Banned

First my brillance remark was not addressed to you DJ but you got you nose in it anyway. My point is not that all Americans are entitled to an opinion, just think that those who chose not to serve or dodged the draft such as our illustrious leader should use caution before beating of the chest with "BRING IT ON."<br /><br />As for the "they" flew our planes into our buildings, I am 100% for going after "they" but on on the other hand would not sacrifice one American for all of Iraq and its call for democracy. That is the newest reason we are there right.<br /><br />Ken, I do not know where you have been or what great literature you read to be so smart, but you are wrong, wrong, wrong if you thing anything good came out of Vietnam. Maybe if you had been there to see the millions of innocent civilian peasants killed, not just by us or them, but caught in the middle you might think different.<br /><br />The troops coming back from Desert Storm are suffering much worse than the liberal press lets on. Many cases of Post Stress Syndrome, dead bodies will do that to you.<br /><br />The troops in Iraq during the invasion and occupation are bringing back horrible stories of injuries and dead friend. They will live their lives with memories, images and nightmares of the women and children caught up in the fighting who were maimed or killed.<br /><br />The liberal press had a photo of a Vietnamese girl running toward the camera with all her clothes burned off. Put with that the smell and gouge if you can and imagine for just a moment.<br /><br />If you think for a minute that the overthrow of Iraqi is going to make the world a safer place then God bless you and frankly I hope I am wrong as I can be.<br /><br />I am not saying you have no right to an opinion, I served because I thought that was why I went, I just ask to consider strongly before we send thousands of troops to die for nothing.<br /><br />And for you JB, you have a date to worry about so get out of this thread. I am kidding of course!

oddjob

Commander

TXS......I dont believe you when you say you served....sorry....But I havn't bought it from day one. Only if you are John F'ing Kerry would I believe you ...just my opinion/take on you.

wilkin250r

Chief Petty Officer

Right. And those that have no children are not allowed to vote on school issues.<br /><br />And if you're not married, you don't get to vote on gay marriage issues. Better yet, if you're not gay, you don't get to vote on those issues.<br /><br />Do you see where this is going? Getting a bit ridiculous, isn't it?<br /><br />I'll admit, I didn't serve. I was fully capable, in fact they were BEGGING me to join, but I never had a desire.<br /><br />But just because I didn't join doesn't mean that these issues don't affect me.

gonfishn

Commander

DJ..I was not implying that in any way that you were a nobody because you did not serve..How you read into that i don't know.<br /><br />I see no where where someone referred to you as a nobody..Your reasons are your own..<br /><br />OJ...Why do you think TS was not there? Maybe you think Bubbakat,myself and a few others here were not there either..Why would anyone say they were there if not..I would trade my dreams with any of you..

txswinner

Banned

Service is not necessary to be a good American especially now with the volunteer service. However, during Vietnam that was not the case and many hid in special guard units, dodged the draft by deferrments that were borderline at best and left for Canada. They also are still Americans with all rights and privileges, we just must use caution before sacrificing our young people unless it is absolutely necessary.