Torch Lake. Michigan

Boatsrule

Seaman
Anybody have any info on Torch lake near Traverse city Mi. Ramps, Hotels, Eats. When is the best time to go? Less people, good warm weather? Thanks in advance, Rob

danw22

Recruit
Re: Torch Lake. Michigan

Rob,<br />I've spent many summers at the north end of Torch Lake.<br /><br />First off, it is truely a beautiful lake. One of the clearest in the country. Also the size of the lake lends to great boating.<br /><br />Ramps: On the north end, the towns of Torch Lake and Eastport both have ramps with associated public beaches. Otherwise, Clam Rive, Alden, and Torch River are your best bets.<br /><br />Hotels: I don't believe that there are many hotels ON the lake. There are bed and breakfasts, though. I'm not too familiar with this...you may want to use the internet to find lodging.<br /><br />Eats: Spencer Creek in Alden is very nice. There are decent "park your boat" places near Clam River and Torch River (South End).<br /><br />The water doesn't usually warm up until late June. Nights are often quite chilly. <br /><br />The peak months are July and August. Try to avoid the large crowds of the holiday weekends (like anywhere).<br /><br />Let me know if you'd like more info.<br /><br />Dan

Boatsrule

Seaman
Re: Torch Lake. Michigan

Thanks Dan that is the most info I have found<br />I will repost if I need some more help.<br />I am only two hours from the windy city,just across the lake. My wife and I love visiting. and hey this 14" of snow we got yesterday!!! it came from your way; who do I blame..LOL<br />Thanks for the info Dan, Rob