? top three movies of all time

ob

Admiral
Re: ? top three movies of all time

On Golden Pond<br />Flight of the Phoenix<br />Jurassic Park I<br /><br />Too many other good ones to list.I too enjoy watching The African Queen.Seen it at least a dozen times.I ushered through 6 weeks of Gone with the wind at a movie theatre when I was 16 years old.I still have some of the script memorized.<br />Also liked Scrooged and Ground Hog Day.Bill Murray cracks me up.

GodsBeast

Chief Petty Officer

Thanks Ralph, Rudy was a great Motivation Movie, I like True Stories about people that don't give up. Determined people (pointed in the right direction) make really good role models for our Youth, (and all of us). <br /> Ralph, I also have to go along with you on Shawshank, I fell asleep on it! But I guess this is why they make so many different types of movies, for people that have different interests. <br /><br />Just one of GodsBeast's

mattttt25

Commander

couple favs:<br /><br />saving private ryan (opening scene one of the best)<br />the sixth sense (didn't see it coming)<br />the usual suspects (again, didn't see it coming)<br />seven (who is that screwed up to write something like that?)<br />e.t. (my grandpa took me to the original opening when i was 5)<br />coming to america (always seems to make me laugh)<br />escape from ny (no idea why)

GodsBeast

Chief Petty Officer

Oops Ralph, Meant to say I felt about Shawshank, Like you felt about Lord of the Rings. Couldn't Edit it though. <br /><br />GodsBeast

Ralph 123

Captain

Homerr <br /><br />I just could not get into the story. I think you need to read the books in order to enjoy the movie.<br /><br />ob <br />Whenever I think of an ideal summer or cottage I thnk of On Golden Pond... I would love to own a place like that (and the boat ain't bad either!)<br /><br />GodsBeast <br />That' the kind of movies I like too. I don;t own many movies but Rudy is one I do own

plywoody

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Cool Hand Luke<br />Casablanca<br />Treasure of the Sierra Madre-<br /><br />And of recent movies:<br /><br />Anything by the Cohen brothers: Fargo; Oh Brother where art thou?" etc...<br /><br />Shawshank<br /><br />Pulp Fiction<br /><br />Among others

FLATHEAD

Captain

Gladiator<br />Josey Wales <br /> And I always kinda liked the original Rocky. Not a big Stallone fan at all but the movie did remind of my buds from Philly.

cotterman

Chief Petty Officer

the sting<br />slapshot<br />the italian job (the original)

SeaMasterZ@aol.com

Lieutenant Commander

That was Slim Pickens riding the H Bomb down ... he of Blazing Saddles fame, another of my favorite movies ... <br /><br />of The Bomb movies, Strangelove is my fav, but Fail Safe is a good one too, really keeps you on the edge of your seat

Carphunter

Commander

"The Right Stuff"<br /> "Apollo 13"<br /> "All them Star Wars movies"<br /><br /> Love "Close Encounters" too.

Scoop

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Casablanca <br />Blade Runner<br />Young Frankenstein<br /><br />Honorable mentions<br /><br />The Color Purple<br />Glory<br />Shawshank Redemption<br />Big<br />His Girl Friday<br />African Queen<br /><br />It's a wonder Casablanca turned out so well. They made changes to the script daily throughout the movie.

SCO

Lieutenant

Terminator<br />Alien<br />Braveheart<br />Give up Ya'll, I nailed it :D

Whaler Proud

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Butch Cassidy<br />Fandango<br />Dancer, Texas

SoulWinner

Commander

Ralph,<br /><br />The Dualists is a movie set in Napolionic France. These two guys have a disagreement. One can't let it go, so for the rest of their lives they keep bumpimg into each other, trying to settle this thing once and for all. <br /><br />It is interesting because the film takes you from France to the Russian front where the French first encountered "General Winter," and through some beautifull scenery. Here is a link to the movie on Amazon:<br /> http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/A...91249/sr=11-1/ref=sr_11_1/103-9012575-6279026 <br />It comes up on ebay sometimes, but it's tough to find in the video rental placed. Block Buster can usually get it if you ask them to. Check it out.

SeaMasterZ@aol.com

Lieutenant Commander

lots of bogart fans on here I see, plywoody, I thought you were a youngun, but apparently you are an old soul<br /><br />I liked sierra madre too, especially where bogie has had it, and ready to throw in the towel ... and the old guy (Huston?) starts laughing at him, ya durn fool, yer standing on a mountain of gold, and bogies facial affect goes from thoroughly piised off to confusion to amazement to joy (as close to joyful as bogie can get, he couldnt look joyful even after rolling off of his teenage chippie wife, whats er name, bacon or something :p )<br /><br />would prolly be interesting to list favorite SCENES from movies<br /><br />my favorite scene is probably from One Flew Over the Cuckoos Nest, where the Chief is ready to break out of the asylum with Jack Nicholson ... who says he feels as strong as that dammn mountain ...and finds him lobodomized :( and kills him, then rips that marble sink that Nicholson tried to lift up and throws it thru the window (ah the swell of the music, perfection, perfection) and the movie ends with Chief running towards the mountains<br /><br />devastated that they killed McMurphy, but elated that the chief took him with him, THATS a good movie