Tools for Rent Dealer or Website? Load Test Wheel Needed for Johnson 35

Gordon02

Seaman Apprentice
Thread starter
Joined
Jan 11, 2015
Messages
36
Hi Guys, on some of the motorcycle boards I frequent participants offer a tool-loan program. Are there any dealerships or shops in the US that do this? I need to use a load-test wheel for my 1979 Johnson 35, but don't want to pay the $235 for a new one. I'd be glad to pay a deposit and then a use-fee to borrow one though if such a thing is available for boating tools.

Inputs appreciated. Thanks, Gordon
 

Faztbullet

Supreme Mariner
Joined
Mar 2, 2008
Messages
15,938
Find a old dinged prop and cut 1" off tips, cut 1/2" at a time till you get to desired rpm.....
 

Gordon02

Seaman Apprentice
Thread starter
Joined
Jan 11, 2015
Messages
36
A normal prop even with the blades cut-down will produce serious thrust. I'd like to use the test load wheel so I can run the engine at full load and check the timing. I don't feel comfortable making that check running down the river at 30 mph.....Gordon
 
Top