Toilet paper Rip

dolluper

Captain
Well yesterday wifee sent me on a mission to pick up Groc's and stuff. On the list of coarse was toilet paper on sale double rolls 16 pack, so in the store WALLY'S I go to the selves upon selves of toilet paper and find the brand and 16 double pack on sale,looking at the 32 pack single roll same price I find out there is more paper there than in the double. Well the reason wifee likes the double is you don't have to change the roll as often But in fact it isn't a true double roll it's less . Wonder how much extra money they are making with this little trick [MARKETING MIND GAMES] :confused: :confused:

NYMINUTE

Captain
Re: Toilet paper Rip

Toilet Paper<br />WalMart<br />mmmmmmmmmmm, it figures.

LadyFish

Admiral

I know exactly the brand you are talking about, and though I have never been fooled by the double roll versus sheet count they got me with the scented rolls.

KaGee

Admiral

The same goes for other products as well. It's been proven over and over that buying the larger box or bottle is sometimes way more expensive per ounce than buying the smaller portions.

eeboater

Commander

Ahh yes... <br /><br /><br />Big Toilet Paper screwin the little guy.<br /><br /><br />Sean

88spl

Petty Officer 1st Class

Whats dumb? Instructions on toilet paper.<br />Whats dumber than that? reading them. <br />Whats even dumber? Reading them and learning something.............................<br />Dumbest of all? Reading them and having to correct something you've been doing wrong.<br />omg<br /><br /><br />"I've learned.... That life is like a roll of toilet paper. The closer it gets to the end, the faster it goes."<br /><br />-- Andy Rooney<br /><br /><br />
illusion-2.jpg

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

Did it have each one in different units?<br /><br />Like on the price tag it gives cents per sheet, then the other tag it gives cents per roll.<br /><br />I love it when thr grocery store trys that trick.<br /><br />Also, check out dishwashing soap. Often times the smaller size has the lowest cost/oz.<br /><br />Ken

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

88spl, <br />is there something in the picture up in the upper left hand corner, besides the bird?<br /><br />I got the 4 people (actually 5 if you count the baby) and the dog/hand. What else am I missing?

88spl

Petty Officer 1st Class

correct, the art of deception....., Wally World 2.

Dave Abrahamson

Lieutenant

Originally posted by roscoe:<br /> is there something in the picture up in the upper left hand corner, besides the bird?<br /><br />I got the 4 people (actually 5 if you count the baby) and the dog/hand. What else am I missing?
There are two more faces, one on each side of the post the bird is perched upon. Neat pic.

johnson-liner

Petty Officer 1st Class

Here's how the double roll works, as far as I know. You don't get double the distance (length of roll), a double roll vs a single is like 2-ply vs 1-ply. The idea is that you can shorten your length of paper per wipe because it's 2-ply. <br /><br />Say you use a 3 foot wad to wipe with now, if you switch to a double roll, it'll be 1.5 ft wad per wipe. I guess you could say the double roll is designed to reduce your lenth of wad per wipe ratio :D <br /><br />I have to go read the instructions on my TP now...I can't believe I've never noticed them!

jsfinn

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Wow.<br /><br />So, while we're on the subject, when you're putting a new roll on the holder, who's roll goes under and who goes over? My fiance likes it under, I like it over.<br /><br />Is this thread going to get deleted? :)

KeltonKrew

Lieutenant

I like it over...wife puts it under....I always move it over when she does that!

cbnoodles

Chief Petty Officer

Originally posted by roscoe:<br /> 88spl, <br />is there something in the picture up in the upper left hand corner, besides the bird?<br /><br />I got the 4 people (actually 5 if you count the baby) and the dog/hand. What else am I missing?
Roscoe,<br /><br />I count 9:<br />The man in profile plus the man, woman & child that are part of his face; the 2 profiles next to the bird and one above and to its right; a full front image to the left of the bird, and finally, a profile of a woman on the far right side of the arch.

Bart Sr.

Lieutenant Commander

Do any of you know how to COOK toilet paper???????

Bart Sr.

Lieutenant Commander

Brown it on one side and throw it in the pot.