Toilet clog....

Mark42

Fleet Admiral
Last night my wife flushed the toilet, left the bathroom and it clogged. Not a big deal right? Well this time when it clogged, it also happened that the flapper stuck open so it ran and ran and ran and ran until she noticed water coming out the recessed light fixtures in the kitchen ceiling.<br /><br />I hate it when that happens. :mad:

gaugeguy

Captain
Re: Toilet clog....

First she did it, then she said it ;) <br /><br />My D box got clogged a couple years ago and I had to dig it up and unclog it. I wasn't impressed either.

ndemge

Commander

...is that when ya just burn it down and start over?

NYMINUTE

Captain

Better get some Kilz for the ceiling, they sell it now in a formula that looks aged. Stuff is great. How do I know? Same thing last year.

Mark42

Fleet Admiral

At least the water drains out of the ceiling instead of building up on the sheetrock. That could be a big problem. No damage done to the kitchen. And she knows enough to turn off the water to the toilet to stop the overflow. <br /><br />Now if I can just get her to cut back a bit on the amount of toilet paper she uses..... :D

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

Why is it that women always cause the flapper to stick up.<br /><br />My wife does it everytime.<br />My brother says his wife does it too.<br /><br />I suspect they dont know about the follow thru. They just jab and let go. It takes some finesse.<br /><br />Ken

pjc

Lieutenant Commander

how big were the kids she dropped off at the pool that caused the clog?

LubeDude

Admiral

Originally posted by Mark42:<br /> Now if I can just get her to cut back a bit on the amount of toilet paper she uses..... :D
Forget it, its one of those things that will never change. I tried to teach my wife the one sheet military method, but she just said, "You have to be kidding, right"?

gaugeguy

Captain

Originally posted by LubeDude:<br />
Originally posted by Mark42:<br /> Now if I can just get her to cut back a bit on the amount of toilet paper she uses..... :D
Forget it, its one of those things that will never change. I tried to teach my wife the one sheet military method, but she just said, "You have to be kidding, right"?
You hit that nail squarely, LD

sangerwaker

Commander

Bummer Mark. My wife always manages to have the flapper stick, too :rolleyes: .

dolluper

Captain

Don't know how far it goes back but they all know how to get the toilet flapper stuck ,wonder what they screwed up in the old outhouses

SoulWinner

Commander

On a side note, I was talking with a plumber not too long ago and the subject of toilet clogs came up. I learned that one should NEVER EVER use a plunger on toilet clog. Only use a snake. I know, it's nasty, but plunging can blow out the wax ring and then you have to pull the toilet and replace the ring, and possibly the flooring, depending on how long the ring has leaked before you catch it.

spratt

Lieutenant

Fat chance...

LubeDude

Admiral

I wish I could make that sound the toilet roll makes whe she is in there, something like.<br /><br />"Therderderderderderderderderderderderderd!!!<br /><br />A good 4' per wipe, and about three wipes. :eek: :eek: :eek: :D

Triton II

Commander

I tried to teach my wife the one sheet military method, but she just said, "You have to be kidding, right"?<br />
Wow LubeDude... one sheet. Thank goodness I was an officer and the ration was two sheets! Here's a funny story my Ex-Royal Australian Navy (RAN) father told me about toilet paper. They were at sea in the aircraft carrier Melbourne when a Canadian destroyer requested a top up of TP. Melbourne signalled back that the RAN only carried the hard, crinkly, waxy stuff (remember that?). Canadians signalled back "no thanks, we'll tell the crew to wait!" :eek:

pjc

Lieutenant Commander

LOL LubeDude....."Rolling Thunder".........

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

Mine has no flapper.<br />It has the pressurized flush unit.<br />Stand UP !!<br />Stand back.<br />Push the button and WHOOOOSH !!

Bassy

Lieutenant Commander

You guys crack me up. It never ceases to amaze me the things I get to read on this forum. You keep me entertained.<br />And in the Bassy household its Mr.Bassy that doesn't know how to keep that flapper from sticking. That's right! Just a wiggle will do ya. Prevents the problem from happening.