todays letter to my boss

POINTER94

Vice Admiral
Steve,<br /><br />I thought it would be interesting to map out exactly what transpired last Wed. afternoon. You contacted ******* requesting that ******** order some literature for the Canadian office. We have some serious process issues.<br /><br />First the process for contacting and tracking an activity is to send it threw siebel. This process did not occur. Therefore by not following the process, the processing of the order could not be processed. With the process stalled, the process of identifying where the process failed to process your request was sent to the process owner, and the process manager and the process assistant manager. By sending this to the process stakeholders, the process of processing a process was processed. Since the process of processing a process has already been processed and your process was not consistent with said process of changing a process, not only will the order not be processed, but the process of changing a process has no ability to process your process change process. <br /><br />In the future please follow the process and just call the literature dept. yourself. That is the process.

ndemge

Commander
Re: todays letter to my boss

ok, so what's so odd about that? Sounds like normal office memo's. <br /><br />Nothing out of the ordinary here.<br /><br /> :)

KennyKenCan

Commander

Sounds to me like you do alot of processing there.<br /><br />Maybe if they found a process, to process the process, then maybe you can make progress.<br /><br />Just a thought.

pjc

Lieutenant Commander

how true. say you work for some sort of developmental "skunk works" where outside the box thinking is essential. In comes some new process or system driven managers. Kills the creativity and what if curiosity that drives development of new technology or product development. IMO, eventually a bad process is exposed, thus modified or eliminated all together.<br /><br />Surest way to deal with process driven management is not to resist, but exercise the process to discover faults or merits.

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

This is begining to turn into a "let's hear your professional horror stories" thread.<br />Well, I got one for ya. I haven't been werkin at my present job long, but long enough to have seen many things that just ammaze me...Things that would've shut-down any project I werked on in my previous job. Things like;<br />Blueprints of planned construction from 25years ago (when the place was thought of), but no as-builts!!<br />Utilities running directly under multi million dollar homes, and lost for all time.<br />And the proverbial spending of a dollar to save a dime that you get most anywhere.<br /><br />But just when I thought I was gainfully employed at a modern day 'tower of babble', I get a call from a state contractor on the highway out front, who is part of the widening of said highway, that they have struck some of our utilities that I clearly marked for them MONDAY.<br />When I get up there, I find the state inspector, the contarctor, the subs, and our CiC....Seems these guys hit and took-out two main Fiber optic cables, our 3" pipe, and some other stuff that nobody claimed (we think it's old phone, 25 pair). The stae inspector shut them down last week, and this was thier first week back under compliance! I can't help but feel for thier forman. They (his managment and the state DoT) placed a set of blueprints that make mine look like final, as-built gold , and give him a crew that only speaks spanish (he is a cracker), and a completion schedule Haliburton would call wishful thinking!<br />But it just goes to show ya...no matter how convoluted the process structure is where ya werk, there are other firms where it's much worse.