Today in Iraq.

mrbscott19

Chief Petty Officer
Re: Today in Iraq.

I never said that MY. They have the second largest stash of oil on the planet. If it would ever start flowing again the way it was with Saddam in power, Iraq wouldn't have to worry about financial prosperity. They could redistribute that wealth to the country and the people, unlike Saddam. We removed the the one thing that stood in their way of being free. We've set up their government for them. Tell me MY, what else do we owe them?

SCO

Lieutenant

We are getting out of there, but what we've gained will be lost if another warlord or Cleric simply replaces Saddam. Iran for example is proceding with Nuke development. THey see us as infidels worthy of extermination too. We need to contain that, not turn tail and let that way of thinking engulph the middle east. That's the forest many don't see for the trees, the big picture. This isn't just an exercise in US aggression or colonialism as many of the screamers in this country seem to think, it is to defeat an enemy that has been growing to critical mass for some time. Osama wants to overthrow Pakistan, Saudi, etc., and he was almost there pre Bush. What kind of problem will we have when that happens Mr Scott, and what kind of fanny kissing will we need to do to appease them according to the Democrat platform. Should we rattle our sabers then. What good would that do if they know we wouldn't use them.<br /><br />What if we just let the middle east be the middle east. I can go with that too. We'd have to let them exterminate Israel. Would that be satisfactory for them? Would they leave us alone or would they collectively call us the great satan and want to rid the world of our cultural influence? Even if we became energy self sufficient and sealed the borders, how powerfull would they become selling oil to a thirsty europe and china? Your guess is as good as mine. What's your long term view of what we should do and what the result will be Mr. Scott. Whats the big picture in your estimation?

oddjob

Commander

SCO,...you will probably have to wait for the next commercial break to get an answer from scott...

BrianFD

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Please, guys, let's keep in the spirit of this forum, OK? How about you take your little war-of-words/politicizing down to Dockside Chat where it can be better appreciated?<br />Thanks!<br />Brian<br /><br />
4_1_203.gif

SCO

Lieutenant

Hey, I didn't start this GNN hijack and am a little surprised that JB hasn't moved it. You gotta consider it's troll like nature. We couldn't help but get into a little spat since it doesn't seem to be good news to all. How about it JB?

mellowyellow

Vice Admiral

understand his motive, but hard to keep this in<br />the vein intentioned IMO. agree with SCO and BFD<br />as usual...

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Moving to DC :(