To tip a housecleaning service?

ezbtr

Commander
Back has been nagging at me for a week or two so I figured I’d have someone come clean my house professionally boy did she do a great job a deep clean I’ve been in this house six years it’s never had that I mean I maintain it and all that stuff, so my question is Should I tip someone the worker that did it? She did clean up something that one of the dogs threw up some food under the dining room table that I didn’t even notice because it blends in with the rug she was very thorough a real sweetheart. There was an agreed-upon amount for her to clean the house, which everyone realizes I Just am clueless about tipping, except restaurants or stuff like that real simple things

airshot

Rear Admiral
Up to you...if you feel she did more than usual then reward her. But your not obligated...

JASinIL2006

Vice Admiral
I would, especially if you want that level of service to continue. Finding someone who attends to that level of detail is uncommon.

racerone

Supreme Mariner
Remarkable that folks will tip the bar tender , first day on the job.---Rarely tipped the gas station attendant out in the rain or snow filling your tank.----Or tip a grey haired ,mechanic with 40 years experience taking care of a $100,000 boat.

dingbat

Supreme Mariner
I don’t not tip for people doing their job.
If the price is negotiated, I assume the price is all inclusive have included their “tip” in the price. If you go above and beyond the scope of the contract for me personally, that’s different.

The only people I’m religious about tipping are waiters and bar tenders. As someone with family members in the food industry, they remember those that tip well and those that do not.

Always pay cash for my first drink, even if using card the rest of the night, and tip the bartender $5. Guarantees your glass never goes dry the rest of the evening ;)

Renken2000Classic

Petty Officer 2nd Class
If you're inclined, bless somebody else with a tip (even beyond the traditional places) - if it doesn't seem awkward or condescending. That's a tough call sometimes.

FLATHEAD

Captain
I believe in tipping in traditional situations, waiters, waitresses, bartender, barber. I think people expecting a tip is getting out of hand. It seems to be expected everywhere. Just a couple examples. The Primo hoagie shop near me when you pay with card a screen pops up asking what percent you want to tip. This is a walk in and grab your order place, Dairy Queen drive through has a sign to tip the workers. Not happening in my world.

flashback

Captain
My thoughts. If you contracted with a large cleaning company it would probably be a nice gesture to tip the maids as they likely paid by the hour and not much..if you contracted with an individual then be open at the start and ask her to include any gratuities for her and her helpers.

racerone

Supreme Mariner
I delivered 100 newspapers ( remember them ) in the 1960's and you would sometimes get $1 at Christmas time.----An appreciated bonus for delivering thick papers in the rain / snow / cold or sweltering heat.