TLC ideas - Great Lakes Special -- help from rehabbers??

rowellcf

Recruit
I have an '88 Sea Nymph Great Lakes Special, 19 ft, weatherbeaten from sitting outdoors. This is a bare hull, but is in great shape, no damage anywhere. Great fishing boat, but needs everything.
What would this be worth, with an excellent TLC rehab job, all new: paint in & out, seats, windshield, etc. etc. ?? Can I recoup my $ input + some profit? Any suggestions, ideas? All help appreciated.

tiller7104

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: TLC ideas - Great Lakes Special -- help from rehabbers??

I restored a 18 foot GLS 175 with a 40 Johnson on it. If you are building this boat for profit and it needs everything? I am not sure you will immediatly recoup your money.... I guess alot depends on your initial purchase price?

burroak

Senior Chief Petty Officer

My son and I have restored a '73, 18' bowrider Starcraft from the ribs out. The value of such a project is not in what it can be sold for(that's a loser), but rather how little you have to invest in a boat with the service and utility of a new boat costing 8-10 times more.

I suppose the decision hinges on what you intend to do with the boat when it is completed. If it is to sell, forget it. If it is to use, you are a bundle of money ahead. The kicker is that you have the satisfaction of job well done. Not to mention correcting the flaws in the original configuration. :D

Bass-A-Holic

Petty Officer 2nd Class

this is an old thread but what the heck-
You probobly wont be able to sell the boat for a profit but if you fixed the boat for yourself, IMHO you cant put a price on a boat that you built exactly for what you want to use it for, with the layout that will be the most productive.